Caught my first Bass out of the kayak today. Two fish between 30-35 cm. Was a great morning on what we will say was a local river :) Tham rang me for a Friday night session, but I convinced him to do an early start. We were on the water by 6:30 and I was home by 10. My fish were caught on a Jig Spin with a 1/8th jig and slider tail. Tham's fish were same but he got one on a yellow Kokoda Bat. Really great to break my duck, and good to get some confidence before the Bass Catch next weekend. It was a magnificent Sydney Spring day, not my biggest Bass but a bit of a landmark.
I've been trying to get to Lake St Clair for a long time. Glenbawn has been a favourite destination for many years with it's excellent camping and good fishing options. Finally got out there for the October long weekend. We didn't do too well on the fishing front, but we did see some nice bass caught from the bank in the campground on worms! Daniel kept us rom getting a group donut by catching a couple of kilos of catfish.
Haven't been fishing since June. Went to Italy for a family holiday and have been itching to get out. I have also been meaning to get the boat out and run the motor, so I decided that today was a nice enough forecast to kill too birds with one stone.
What a cracking weekend it's been. Winter apparently. I woke to a beautiful day, and resolved to get out for a fish. Tide wasn't high until the late afternoon, so I rang a mate and teed up a 2pm session at Middle Head. As soon as we'd organised it, the weather turned, with messy showers and southerly winds. Thankfully we went anyway, the conditions weren't great and the wind was a bit in our faces, but there were a few fish around to make up for the conditions.
Recently I was fortunate to gain access to a 3D printer. At first I couldn't get my head around the concept. It was just too foreign an idea for me to comprehend. Once you see the process for the first time, the penny drops and the possibilities immediately become apparent.
I initially made some simple parts for my bicycle, to replace some washers I lost on the road one day. Then some parts for my fishing kayak. Naturally I started to get ideas for solutions to some fishing problems I had been trying to solve.
A belated report. I have been working on the new website and missed uploading some reports.
I was lucky enough to visit beautiful Yamba for Easter. Unusually I didn't take the boat or many rods, just the blackfish gear. We managed to get some green weed and there were a few fish around, but typically for this time of year the fishing was slow going. Part of the problem was that the water was incredibly clear and clean at the mouth of the river, this did change when a huge swell on Good Friday pushed into the mouth of the river and stirred things up considerably.